We finished Sean’s room makeover a while ago, but it took a while to find a good day (when his room was clean and tidy) to take some photos! He was happy with how it turned out and we were too. It’s enough Angry Birds to feel like a theme but not a huge commitment — we can change to something else in a few years.
What we did:
- We had a lot of prep to do in his room because of stripping old wallpaper and texturing.
- We painted three walls white and one wall a light blue color.
- Assembled the bunk bed, moved furniture in from the other bedroom.
- Installed new blinds
- Added Angry Birds bedding to his bed: sheets, comforter and a blanket. He received these as Christmas gifts.
- Applied wall decals to the blue wall. There were a lot in the set so a few are strategically placed on the white walls as well. If using wall decals be sure to wait three weeks before applying to freshly painted walls.
- Hung up an Angry Birds wall calendar.
- Set out some of his Angry Bird stuffed animals and trinkets and we were done!
Here are some photos of the finished room.